Murray Hills Solicitors, on Railway Street in Beverley say it is important to make a Will.
They say the main reason for making a Will is to ensure your estate goes to the people you want it to and not those you do not, it is to assist your grieving family and take away some of the stress.
Death isn’t something we like to think about but it is inevitable, make your Will today and ensure your wishes are known when they are needed.
Murray Hills Solicitors hope their list of 5 reasons to make a Will help you appreciate why you should use a Solicitor and just how important this little document is:-
1. A Will is a legally-binding document that allows you to determine how you would like your estate to be handled upon your death, what does that mean? Well, when you write your Will you are in control, you choose who benefits from your estate, who will receive that beautiful china tea set or coveted bronze swimming medal you won at school. Of course there are more important items to be discussed but this is your Will, personal to you and you decide how your estate will be distributed, who will administer your affairs after your Death and record any funeral wishes.
2. You decide the executor of your Will, basically an executor makes sure everything is in order which includes paying off bills, cancelling credit cards, notifying business establishments such as banks etc. This role is important and you should choose someone you trust, the executor does not have to be a family member and can be your Solicitor.
3. You can decide who will act as guardian for your minor children, who will raise them and look after them when you are gone and indeed any pets you have, who will take care of them, make sure they are kept safe, fed and loved.
4. Sometimes family members don’t get along, sometimes you want your estate to only go to those closest to you. If you die without making a Will (intestate) members of your family that you may not have wanted to could receive inheritance form your estate automatically, under the rules of intestacy. By making a Will you can choose who will receive what and crucially who will not receive anything at all.
5. You can make gifts and donations should you wish to. Do you have a favourite charity you wish to leave a legacy too? Add it into your Will.
Don’t worry we know life moves at a fast pace, once you write your Will it is not forever set in stone with no room for change, in fact we recommend you review your Will every 3 years. You can change your Will at any time and we are here to help you make any amendments needed as and when they arise.
Remember your Will is a legal document and changes do need to be completed professionally. Murray Hills Solicitors expert team will go through all your options, help you understand your choices and ensure that your Will is executed correctly.
At Murray Hills Solicitors we use a Will registration service at no extra cost to you, this means your Will can easily be located upon your Death. http://murrayhillssolicitors.co.uk/do-you-know-where-your-will-is/
- Most Children Award First Choice Secondary School Place
- Sunday Times Bestseller To Host Free Online Course To Help People Live Well With Dementia
- Trees Dedicated To Babies Born In East Riding Since First Lockdown
- How To Find Your Dream Home in Lockdown
- Longcroft School Share With MP How They Are Adapting To Remote Learning