The blue and golds will attempt to play their postponed Ladbrokes Challenge Cup First Round tie away to Shaw Cross this Saturday.
Last week club officials were left feeling frustrated when the Kirklees Council declared all of their pitches unplayable on the Wednesday evening prior to the Saturday. It turned out to be the only postponement of the round.
Scott Taylor’s men have been in training since last November and are itching to play their first competitive game of the year.
Taylor looks set to name a 17 very similar to that which performed admirably against NCL Premier side Myton Warriors.
However joint captain Jack Howdle looks set to miss out due to surgery. More positively, Jack Humphries and Ben Atkin look set to recover from knocks suffered a fortnight ago.
There were vey few first round upsets, with perhaps Yorkshire Premier Division side Batley Boy’s extra time 17-16 win at NCL Premier outfit Underbank Rangers, being the only shock.
A double-decker bus will depart for Dewsbury at 11.30AM from the Potting Shed on Saturday. The juniors will be on board as the Beverley Braves under 15s will be playing Shaw Cross under 15s in a curtain raiser.
- East Riding Theatre Links Up With Two Awarded Winners This November
- Local Recyclers Raise £9,000 For Dove House Hospice
- MP Reacts To East Riding And Hull’s Move To Tier 2 Of Coronavirus Restrictions
- East Riding To Move Into COVID-19 Local Alert Level 2
- Boss Shares Honour With Frontline Workers Who Put Community First