The blue and golds have announced three pre-season friendlies ahead of their 2018 campaign in National Conference Division 3.
In between these friendlies will be a first round Challenge Cup tie away at Shaw Cross on 27 January.
With preparations for the 2018 season go on, the club has taken delivery of it’s temporary perimeter fencing and dug-outs. These will have to be erected before every match and then taken down.
The ‘A’ team Head Coach will be Phil Horsfield with Phil Young being his assistant. The ‘A’ team will be entering the Yorkshire Mens League with the fixtures and structures of the league to be announced in due course.
Meanwhile the club was saddened to hear of the death of a former stalwart of Beverley ARLFC.
Mike Nicholson during the 1980s and 1990s was involved with both junior and senior teams at the club acting as a physio and assistant coach.
A player at the time Nick Robinson commented;
“Mike would go out of his way to encourage new and young members at the club and to be involved in sport and physical activity in general.”
“This would often mean driving several miles out of his way just so they could get to training sessions. He certainly will be missed.”
- East Riding Theatre Links Up With Two Awarded Winners This November
- Local Recyclers Raise £9,000 For Dove House Hospice
- MP Reacts To East Riding And Hull’s Move To Tier 2 Of Coronavirus Restrictions
- East Riding To Move Into COVID-19 Local Alert Level 2
- Boss Shares Honour With Frontline Workers Who Put Community First