In November town were dumped out the competition when they were beaten 2-0 by East Yorkshire Carnegie at Dene Park.
Town boss, Rich Jagger explained how his side got reinstated into the competition, he said;
“Following last month’s East Riding senior cup tie between East Yorkshire Carnegie and Beverley Town, it was alleged that East Yorkshire Carnegie fielded a cup tied player, who had played in the previous round of the cup.”
A cup that has proved difficult for the club to win, Town will now go into the hat for the quarter final draw.
Jagger will be hoping his side can avoid some of the big hitters as they look to extend their somewhat fortunate cup run.
However their match last weekend against North Ferriby Athletic was called off due to a frozen pitch, while their Humber Premier League fixture this weekend, away to Sculcoates Armatures, has also been postponed.
That means Town have slipped to sixth place in the league, but do have three games in hand on the current league leaders Chalk Lane.
- Mayor Opens Play Area At Retail Park Which Has Been Doubled In Size
- MP Welcomes Extra Cash For East Riding Council To Support Local Services
- Work Completed On New Roundabout On Beverley’s Minster Way
- East Riding College Joins TEC Partnership
- Libraries And Customer Services Continue To Be Essential Community Hubs