The Daisy Appeal say that the response to their fund raising scheme has been going really well though they still have some Ceramic Daisy’s for sale.
Hand crafted by a local artist, the ceramic Daisy’s make a perfect this Christmas for anyone looking for something different while supporting a good cause.
“We had 800 ceramic Daisy’s made and have sold 500 so we have 300 left. For those who are stuck for something for a Christmas gift these would be ideal.”
“You can put them inside and outside and they are only £15. What’s more #all the money will go to the charity. The Daisy Appeal are still trying to raise £1.2m, but we are making headway into that.”
Claire Levy, Fund Raising Manager for The Daisy Appeal is on the hunt for people to help with creating decorations, she said;
“Currently I am recruiting knitter’s and anyone who can Crochet, so if anyone would like to knit or crochet a white and yellow centred daisy for us, about 10cm in diameter with hanging hook we would like them to get in touch with us.”
“We got people coming from far and wide to see our display at Beverley Minster.”
“To date we have shipped ceramic Daisy’s all over including to Australia, which as far as we can go as the moon is a little bit out of our jurisdiction and the post office do not go there yet!”
- Try New Skills For The New Year With 2020 Adult Learning Courses
- Disappointing Performance From Beavers Sees Them Beaten By Goole
- Lifesaving Gift Is On The Christmas List Of 36 People In East Yorkshire
- East Riding Youth Offending Service In The Running For National Award
- SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY: A Day To Back Our Independent Traders