Parents, grandparents and carers are being offered a number of free short courses to enable them to help their child with school work.
Starting this week, Hull Culture and Leisure’s Libraries team will deliver the five-week courses in Incredible ICT and Fun with Phonics.
Incredible ICT helps improve computer skills by designing and creating your own family book, using images of their family as well as learning how to use the online school system.
Fun with Phonics explores how letters and sounds help children be more confident in speaking, listening and communication as well as making games and practical activities to support children at home.
Although the courses have been designed and are offered primarily for parents of children that attend school, they are offered to anyone that feels they would be beneficial.
Councillor Terry Geraghty, Portfolio Holder for Culture and Leisure and Chair of Hull Culture and Leisure, said:
“This is a great opportunity for parents and carers with children in school to gain some knowledge and confidence in using a PC, speaking, listening writing and sounds.”
For more details on how to book a free place, call 01482 615 349 or 616 580.
- UVC-Powered Shoe Sanitizer: Is It Really Effective?
- Vet Nurse & Hydrotherapist Named As Finalist In The Animal Start Awards
- MP Looking To Get Lifesaving CADEY Campaign To New Highs In 2021
- Allenby Commercial Welcomes Howdens As The Trade Yard Attracts National Brands
- Beverly-Based Horse Whisperer And Reiki Master Releases Her Memoirs In New Book