Beverley Town Cricket Club have moved to third place in the Hunters Y&DSCL Premier Division after they claimed all 30 points with a good away win at York.
York however were unable to cease the opportunity created by their bowlers as they were dismissed for just 112 runs.
All rounder Matthew Mudd was again in good form as he ended the day with 5 wickets for just 32 runs.
Victory sees climb the table with two wins, two draws and just one defeat so far this season. On Monday Town will welcome league leaders Dunnington to the Norwood Recreation Ground.
With just 9 points between the side Beverley will go into the match knowing that a win could potentially see them go top of the table.
Knaresborough came into the fixture unbeaten but it was Town who would have the final say on day with solid performances both with bat and ball.
Then a strong display from the Beverley’s top order saw them reach their target with Will Harrison and the in form Stew Scott making 33 and 35 respectively before Alex Nightingale (61no) and Pete Parnaby (30no) saw their side over the line.
There were also positive results for the thirds and fourths who all picked up points from their games.
- Beverley Leisure Centre Awarded Funding To Build 3G Pitch
- Graham Stuart Heralds Vital Funding For Hull NHS Trust
- Beverley Bookshop Owner Benefits From Love Your High Street Fund
- East Riding Leisure Are Looking For Customer Opinions
- Daisy Appeal Urges Supporters To Take To The Roads For Virtual Events