Peacock was thrown out of the Tory Party following offensive remarks relating to the murder of the late Jo Cox MP.
However the errant councillor still insists that he will not resign his position even though the Standards Committee at the East Riding Council has asked him to go.
As a serving Councillor, he has the right to claim allowances amounting to thousands of pounds a year prompting further calls for him to resign.
“It’s a disgrace that this odious individual can carry on and draw up to £30,000 from the public purse.
“He has brought the Council and his role into disrepute. His continued presence bring shame to the people and town of Beverley.
“Those colleagues and individuals who have given him their support need to examine their consciences.
Sympathy for the man would suggest sympathy for his opinions.”
He went on,
“He was elected as a Tory councillor. Even the Tories have been so ashamed at his conduct that they’ve thrown him out of the Party.”
“If he has so much support he should have the courage of his convictions. He should resign, stand as
an Independent and ask people to vote for him.”
“However courage isn’t in his vocabulary so I doubt that will happen.”
- 10 Effective Tips to Save Money in Grad School
- CADEY Committee Meets For Update On Campaign To Boost Lifesaving Defibrillators
- Did You See These Distinctive Cars In Skidby?
- Artist To Create Wintery Work Of Art At Flemingate Centre
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council Confirm COVID-19 Tier 3 Restrictions