Beverley Westwood Lions have issued a statement thanking those who braved the elements to participate in their annual fun run on New Year’s Day.
In all just short of 150 people took part in the event that offered runners a chance to tackle one of two courses around Beverley.
“The Beverley Westwood Lions would like to thank all the Runners & Marshals who turned out on a very wet and miserable New Year’s Day Morning to take part in the annual New Year’s Day Fun Run.”
“Although the weather was cold and wet 144 runners braved the conditions and completed the 3K and 10k routes.”
1st 10k to finish was Shun Hobson
2nd 10k Steven Ostler
3rd 10k Peter Smith
1st 3k was Thomas Lewis
2nd 3k was Henry Smith
3rd 3k was William Burnett
First Lady 10k was Amelia Atkingson.
Mr. Ford added;
“Once again thanks to all those who took part and all who helped to Marshal the event and we hope to see you all again next year.”
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play