I have a business background in manufacturing, and professionally I work for the Institution of Mechanical Engineers where I’ve spent years helping engineering apprentices and professional engineers improve their skills and get on in life.
Outside work I am a school governor and a member of my local church council.
When I’m not working or campaigning, I enjoy running, and learning the piano. I am currently practising for my Grade 3 piano exam.
For too long, people in Beverley have felt that the Council is ignoring them. A Conservative councillor in Beverley recently said that they will continue to build houses here “whether people like it or not.” They are just not listening to residents. So many people have told me how they never hear from their councillors – even at election time.
I’m determined to change that.
I believe that local councillors should be in touch all year round, consulting local people – and chasing up problems and concerns.
You’ve seen how hard I’ve worked in this election campaign. If you choose me as your new councillor, I’m committed to keeping up that level of service – all year round, not just when there’s an election.
I pledge to;
• Keep in touch all year round with regular surveys to ask your views and newsletters to report back
• Publish phone and e mail contact details – so that residents can always get in touch
• Knock on doors all year round, not just at election time, to find out what matters to you
• Hold regular advice surgeries for you to bring up local issues for me to tackle
I will stand up for this community. I will ask your views on the things that matter, as I have been doing, and I will make your voice heard in County Hall.
The Conservatives take it for granted that they will win in Beverley – they’ve hardly even bothered to campaign to get your support. They already have 72% of the councillors at County Hall – one more won’t make any difference, and with Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour in disarray fighting amongst themselves, I’m the one candidate that can stop the Conservatives here.
It’s time for a change, and I can provide it with your support.
- Man Arrested Following A Collision On Grovehill Road
- Local Women Run Ten Miles In Aid Of The Charity FiND
- Celebrate The Festive Season With East Riding Leisure
- Hidden Histories Of The Humber Bridge To Be Revealed In Exhibition
- Electors Encouraged To Register For Postal Votes To Beat Potential Bad Weather On Election Day