Peter Ward Homes the company who are developing the new housing development at the top of Gallows Lane, called Old College, Beverley, may be asked to name a new road within the development at the request of the local authority.
On 15 September the proposed name for a the new road within the development, Old College Drive will be passed to Molescroft Parish Council for their comments raising concerns that the entire road was facing a proposed name change.
A spokesperson for Peter Ward Homes outlined their position, they said;
“We have no plans or intention to rename Gallows Lane.”
“Given the layout of the development the local authority may want us to come up with a name for one of the cul de sac’s within the new development, where the access road splits into two.”
“However the name of the existing access road will not be affected by that decision. As far as Peter Ward Homes are concerned Gallows Lane will continue to be called Gallows Lane.”
Speaking to the planning office at East Riding of Yorkshire Council they said that giving the new road a new name is the best course of action for this development.
They say that for the emergency services, visitors and also service providers by giving the road a unique name would help keep things simple.
Peter Ward Homes purchased the Gallows Lane site for housing development for an undisclosed sum from the college.
- Helen Rawdon A Foster Carer From Beverley Receives Her MBE
- Beverley Face Thatto Heath In Cup Quarter Final At The Leisure Centre
- Concert With Beverley-Born Piano Star To Celebrate £25k Refurbishment Of City’s Steinway
- Review Panel Formation Angers Liberal Democrat Councillors
- Yorkshire Cancer Research Benefit From Night Of Music At Sun Inn