East Riding of Yorkshire Council is delighted to announce that once again this year it will be offering free parking, together with a meet and greet service, for coach operators wishing to attend the popular Festival of Christmas in Beverley on Sunday 13 December.
Last year’s event attracted 40 coaches to the town for the all-day event, and hopes are high that the total will be even greater this year.
Councillor Andy Burton, portfolio holder for planning, highways and transportation, said;
“I am delighted that, unlike other local authorities in the area, we have been able once again this year to make this offer of free parking to coach operators, which will greatly increase the numbers attending and provide a real boost to Beverley’s economy.”
“Not only will visitors be able to enjoy the traditional market atmosphere of the Festival of Christmas, and all the town centre shops and eateries that will be open, but they will also be able to visit the brand new Flemingate shopping centre.”
Coach operators must book in advance to take advantage of the free parking, which will be available in the School Lane coach park in the town centre.
They should book as soon as possible via the Tourist Information Centre in Beverley, on 01482 391672.
- MP Welcomes Extra Cash For East Riding Council To Support Local Services
- Work Completed On New Roundabout On Beverley’s Minster Way
- East Riding College Joins TEC Partnership
- Libraries And Customer Services Continue To Be Essential Community Hubs
- Councillor Delighted After Motion To Support Cycling Is Passed