The 2015 Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal in Beverley & District was formerly launched on Friday 16th October at St Mary’s Church Hall, by Councillor Peter Turner, chairman of the East Riding of Yorkshire Council.
Councillor Turner also presented Mr Dave Davies of the Highgate Dental Practice with a certificate of appreciation for the fundraising and help given to the Poppy Appeal by the Practice and its staff over many years. The Beverley & District Branch of the Royal British Legion will be presenting many more of these certificates over the coming weeks, to give recognition to businesses and organisations that have contributed so much to previous years’ Poppy Appeals.
Chairman of the Beverley Branch and joint Poppy Appeal Organiser said, “We raised just over £40,000 last year, which was a record by a clear mile. We hope to be able to raise a similar figure this year.”
Helpers are required for supermarket collection points; Volunteers are invited to phone Jimmy Gault, 07847 997606.
- UVC-Powered Shoe Sanitizer: Is It Really Effective?
- Vet Nurse & Hydrotherapist Named As Finalist In The Animal Start Awards
- MP Looking To Get Lifesaving CADEY Campaign To New Highs In 2021
- Allenby Commercial Welcomes Howdens As The Trade Yard Attracts National Brands
- Beverly-Based Horse Whisperer And Reiki Master Releases Her Memoirs In New Book