7 Beverley AC runners recently took on the Askern 10 mile road race. This race earmarked as part of the club’s handicap league series.
This is an undulating and hilly course on the nice country lanes to the west of Askern, finishing in a 300 m circuit at a local sport’s field. This was a well marshalled event with a friendly atmosphere and good crowds on a very warm, sunny day.
Mark Dalton 35th overall, took the male 50+ age prize and was first Beverley runner home in 63:54. Frank Harrison also won the male 75+ age prize as he continues to defy the years and pull in the awards. Christine Whitehouse has improved over the year and was happy with her time of 103m:38s.
The race was won by Carl Ryde of Doncaster AC in 54:56.
Report by Andrew Grainger
- Beaumont’s Garden Maintenance Back AFC Tickton Academy
- East Yorkshire Coaches Is Back And With A Fresh New Look
- Active Together Uses Technology To Help Residential Homes
- Booking Now Open For The Online East Riding Festival Of Words
- Thomas The Baker Officially Lays Claim To The Country’s Best Ever Mince Pies