7 Beverley AC runners recently took on the Askern 10 mile road race. This race earmarked as part of the club’s handicap league series.
This is an undulating and hilly course on the nice country lanes to the west of Askern, finishing in a 300 m circuit at a local sport’s field. This was a well marshalled event with a friendly atmosphere and good crowds on a very warm, sunny day.
Sam Allen is in training for the Hull Marathon and used this race to get some speed and hill work in. She was pleased with her time of 76 mins 37 secs.
Mark Dalton 35th overall, took the male 50+ age prize and was first Beverley runner home in 63:54. Frank Harrison also won the male 75+ age prize as he continues to defy the years and pull in the awards. Christine Whitehouse has improved over the year and was happy with her time of 103m:38s.
The race was won by Carl Ryde of Doncaster AC in 54:56.
Mark Dalton 63:54, Lucas Meagor 76:29, Samantha Allen 76:37, Andy Wilks 97:35, Christine Whitehouse 103:38, Catriona Williamson 106:37, Frank Harrison 122.11.
Report by Andrew Grainger
- Council Unanimously Support Motion To Tackle Litter
- Graham Stuart MP Looks For Post-Brexit Update On Ports
- Popular Elwell Trail Around Historic Beverley Extended
- Expanded Programme Of Online Classes For East Riding Leisure Members
- MP Echoes Calls For Patience As Covid-19 Vaccine Rollout Continues At Pace In East Riding