Residents say they are outraged after learning that another Beverley Pub, The Victoria is facing closure.
HU17 understands that a someone has put in an offer in purchase the pub that has accepted by the owners Marston’s and is hoping to convert the Victoria into a care home for the elderly.
One regular from the Victoria told HU17.net;
“I just think it is appalling and there will be plenty of people who agree. Where is the nearest pub from here now?”
“I will be doing what I can and shall meet with CAMRA to see if there is any way forward. We beleive at the moment that any change of use would be subject to a planning application, if that is the case I can assure residents we will fight it all the way.”
In recent times a number of pubs have been closed in Beverley including the Buck Inn, The Mariners and The Odd Fellows Arms.
On contacting the owners for a statement relating to the purchase a Marston’s spokesperson said:
“We are continuing to trade as usual until an appropriate buyer is found.”
Residents have started a Facebook page as they look to gain support to oppose the buyout.
- Free Online Mental Health Support Service Launched To Help Children And Young People
- £19.4M Paid Out To Small Businesses In The East Riding
- Additional Funding To Bring Britons Home Welcomed By MP
- East Riding Libraries Have Launched An Online Book Club
- East Riding Car Park Permits To Be Extended For Free