A packed house for two nights running at East Riding Theatre, V-Day : The Vagina Monologues proved to be a massive hit this week in Beverley.
East Riding Theatre produced a benefit performance of The Vagina Monologues with all proceeds going to Hull Rape Crisis.
Director, Annie Kirkman said;
“I’m so proud of what we achieved the last two nights. Both dates were sold out and the audience were so wonderfully responsive.”
“Seeing a few more men in the audience last night was encouraging as well and if we were to put it on again I think I would try and reach out to more men to come and watch.”
“We need them to strive to end violence towards women alongside us to make the fight stronger.”
“I think we will have raised a fantastic amount for Hull Rape Crisis and I look forward to presenting with the cheque.”
- Thomas The Baker Officially Lays Claim To The Country’s Best Ever Mince Pies
- Beverley Minster To Host Yarn Bombing Event In October
- Bonus Acquisition Signals Next Phase Of Allenby Commercial Trade Yard Expansion
- Charity Launches Free Domestic Abuse Advice Line For Businesses
- East Riding Festival Of Words Goes Online For 2020 With A Varied Line-Up