Runners of all abilities can get the New Year off to a perfect start and help support a worthwhile local cause at the same time.
The Beverley Lions will be hosting their ever popular Fun Run on New Year’s Day that gives people the choice of tackling three course ranging from 3Km to 10Km.
Not only is the run a perfect start to New Year but by running those taking part will also be doing a good turn as all the profits from the event will be donated to scheme to help Beverley purchase a Defibrillator.
“Volunteers who run Beverley Heartstart came to t see the Lions at the Tiger Inn to explain their project. We have made a donation to them already but want to do more to support their good work in the community.”
Although there is one Defibrillator already in place at ST Mary’s Church funds are still being raised as they look to have more placed in Swinemoor, The Cherry Tree Centre and at Beaver Park.
The Beverley Lions Fun Run takes place at 11am on Thursday 1st January it will cost just £4 enter. The entire route is fully marshaled and anyone completing the run will be given a special medal as a token gesture.
- Beverley Puppet Festival Adapts To Health Crisis By Promising Two Months Of Puppetry Online
- Do Not Visit The Coast Or Other Attractions This Weekend Or Over Easter
- Choose Care Campaign Launched To Encourage People To Work In Adult Social Care
- Free Online Mental Health Support Service Launched To Help Children And Young People
- £19.4M Paid Out To Small Businesses In The East Riding