Before Fenner had 25 runs on the board Town had spilled three catches of varying degrees of difficulty and conceded a significant number of extras.
This set the tone for a hugely disappointing day and while the two teams had little to play for it appeared that the visitors had much more desire than a lack-lustre, dispirited home side.
Beverley Town Cricket Club 1st XI have had a number of batting collapses this season but this innings was a procession of batsmen returning to the pavilion disappointed. Olly Grantham made 28 but the majority of the batsmen offered easy catching practice for the Fenner fielders and for the most part the chances were readily accepted.
Town’s final total of 96 all out reflected their poor year with the bat and they will look forward to a more satisfying 2015 season.
Beverley Town 1st XI 96 all out lost to Fenner 184 for 9 by 88 runs
Reported by Ray Teal
- MP Writes To Local Schools To Promote Summer Schools Programme
- Westella & Willerby Beat Town To Go Top Of Humber Premier League
- Escape Room Beverley Proving Popular Since Opening Its Doors
- Chat Shop Celebrates 20 Years Of Serving People On Swinemoor
- Tuck Into A Thomas’ Pasty This Veganuary In Beverley