Takaoka, to the north west of Osaka, has a long history of friendship with Beverley, first visiting in 2000 during Cllr Neville Holgate’s mayoralty. Several Groups have since made home-stay visits hosted by willing families in Beverley.
All the girls attended Beverley High School and met “buddies” who helped them through the school timetable. The six girls also made visits to York, Hull and Leeds as well as enjoying Beverley’s unique charms. The two adult representatives of Takaoka Council similarly enjoyed football at the KC Stadium, a fund raising race night and a traditional pub quiz.
Despite adverse weather, a farewell bonfire party was well attended and highlighted the warmth of relationships established during their weeklong visit. Having filled their luggage allowance to capacity with shopping and gifts to take home, the group flew out from Humberside Airport on Thursday morning to a chorus of Sayonaras!
- Graham Stuart MP Writes To Local Schools For ‘Restart A Heart’ Day
- Beverlac Comes To The Treasure House In Beverley
- One Thousand Words Competition Captures The Magic Of The Viola Trawler
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres