As part of the Event Management FdA course, students are required to organise and deliver an event of their choice. However, it is fair to say that the team of four students are so passionate about creating events, that the idea of it being part of their foundation degree is a fantastic opportunity for their development.
The event is aimed at all ages and includes a fun filled afternoon of performances from Bishop Burton Choir, Little Weighton Singers, local dance groups and a fabulous fashion show of which all garments are created by Bishop Burton College fashion students. There is also food and drink served during the afternoon, plus stalls from small local businesses and a high stake raffle.
The most inspiring part of the entire process has to be the length the students have gone to fundraise for such a great local charity. Not only have they ran a successful Tombola on Saturday Market but they have also managed to get incredible support from recognised companies in Beverley.
A small example of prizes that have been donated for the raffle are jewellery vouchers, restaurant vouchers, hotel vouchers, flowers and the list goes on.
So come and join in the fun and support an incredible charity and the development of aspiring event management students on 12th April at Armstrong’s Social Club from 12noon-4.00pm.
- Graham Stuart MP Writes To Local Schools For ‘Restart A Heart’ Day
- Beverlac Comes To The Treasure House In Beverley
- One Thousand Words Competition Captures The Magic Of The Viola Trawler
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres