Tesco’s Beverley store, together with all other Tesco stores, offices and distribution centres in the UK, attempted to ‘Cycle to Lapland’ in a bid to raise £1m for Diabetes UK, Tesco’s national charity partner.
Staff from the Morton Lane store started pedalling on the static bikes on Friday 6th December and continued until Sunday 8th December.
The bikes were kindly provided by Beverley Leisure Centre, whose fitness instructors also participated in the event. Further support was given by Martin Cox, the Mayor of Beverley and a fantastic £507 was raised in customer donations.
Dave Ryley, Tesco Beverley’s Community Champion, said:
“We would like to thank all of our customers who supported us throughout the weekend. Both Tesco and Diabetes UK really appreciate your generosity. We would also like to thank Beverley Leisure Centre for their help in making the event such a success.”
- More Foster Parents Needed Across Yorkshire
- Boost For Local Pig Farmers Following Lobbying By Graham Stuart
- The Made In East Yorkshire Christmas Market Coming To Beverley
- Selby Pile On The Points As They Are Too Strong For Beverley
- Humberside Police Appeal For Dash Cam Footage Following Incident in Beverley