Beverley made 158-8 from their 20 overs with Matthew Saint 30 not out and Dave Ricardo 25 not out and Rich Simpson 23 scoring the bulk of the runs.
Sutton started well getting well ahead of the run rate though Beverley bowled better slowing Sutton down, a fine piece of fielding by Nellie Graham saw him flip the ball to Dave Parry who to make a catch turning the game in Beverley’s favour.
Sutton never gave up taking the match to final ball but fell just two runs short of Beverley’s total.
Man of the match Matthew Saint was the pick of Beverley’s bowlers with figures of 2-28 James Turner 1-21 also picked up a wicket and Neil Graham, who bowled the tense last over also got got a wicket.
- Most Children Award First Choice Secondary School Place
- Sunday Times Bestseller To Host Free Online Course To Help People Live Well With Dementia
- Trees Dedicated To Babies Born In East Riding Since First Lockdown
- How To Find Your Dream Home in Lockdown
- Longcroft School Share With MP How They Are Adapting To Remote Learning