Creation Fine Arts is presenting a retrospective of the artist DH Smith. Smith is a major artist who was selling out London gallery shows in the early 70’s while still a student at the Royal College of Art where he was taught by, among others, Peter Blake. Originally from Cleethorpes he studied at Grimsby School of Art before undertaking his MA in London.
He eventually moved back to Lincolnshire and in recent years has taught at the School of Art in Hull. He is now retiring and moving to Italy so a look at his development over 45 years of practice is now due.
Nigel Walker, Curator of the Creation, said
“I am honoured that such a new gallery is able to show such a prestigious artist and hope that people recognise David’s importance. It is probably the last time such a body of his pictures will ever be seen together in Britain.”
- Morrisons Foundation Make Generous Donation To Bundles of Joy
- Graham Stuart MP Meets With ER Council Chiefs
- East Riding Town Centres Reopening Survey Released
- Citizens Advice Hull And East Riding Thanks Its Wonderful Volunteers For Their Dedication
- Beverley Races To Return, But Without Spectators For First Time In 330 Years