Windass started his footballing career as a trainee at his hometown club, Hull City, where he scored 64 goals in 205 games for the club.
After playing for a string of clubs in the top divisions of England and Scotland Windass returned to Hull City, and scored the only goal of the 2008 Football League Championship play off final to take them to the top flight for the first time in their history.
“We are all proud to have Deno at the club. He adds something different and having a Hull Legend in the dressing room has really boosted morale.”
“He will do a great job when he plays, and it also helps put the club firmly on the map after just three years of being running.”
“We are not however, getting carried away with the new arrivals; we know we have a job to do to win promotion to East Riding County League Premeir Diivision and also try to put together a good cup run.”
Windass looks set to make his debut this Saturday as Walkington host Wawne United Reserves at Longcroft School in the East Riding County League, kick of 2pm.
- Beverley Leisure Centre Awarded Funding To Build 3G Pitch
- Graham Stuart Heralds Vital Funding For Hull NHS Trust
- Beverley Bookshop Owner Benefits From Love Your High Street Fund
- East Riding Leisure Are Looking For Customer Opinions
- Daisy Appeal Urges Supporters To Take To The Roads For Virtual Events