This year’s open days are Thursday, 6 to Saturday, 8 September, for which the Guildhall will be open from 10am-4pm. On Friday, 7 there will also be tours led by the curator, Fiona Jenkinson, at 11am, 12noon and 1pm, for which booking will be required on the day.
The new exhibition, which opens on September 6, entitled “Beverley Stories”, is a mixed bag of historical stories from around the town.
Fiona Jenkinson said: “There are many interesting stories about Beverley that are too small to be covered in their own exhibition, so gathering them together into one display seemed to be the best way to tell them. The choices of the stories have been made by the volunteers who do the research and the sort of topics covered include the Beverley Gas Company, the Milner family, the East Riding Sanitary Laundry, the Mechanics Institute and many others. We hope that people enjoy this type of exhibition, and if so we may re-visit the format at some time in the future with a different set of stories”.
The Guildhall will also be open from 10am-4pm on Saturday, 15 September as part of the Walkers are Welcome weekend.
More information on the Guildhall is available from Fiona Jenkinson (curator) on (01482) 392783 or email email@example.com
- Active Together Uses Technology To Help Residential Homes
- Booking Now Open For The Online East Riding Festival Of Words
- Thomas The Baker Officially Lays Claim To The Country’s Best Ever Mince Pies
- Beverley Minster To Host Yarn Bombing Event In October
- Bonus Acquisition Signals Next Phase Of Allenby Commercial Trade Yard Expansion