From Monday, 3 September, school swimming lessons will take place on afternoons at Beverley Leisure Centre rather than in the morning.
The change in arrangements comes after discussions with the local schools, the majority of which preferred the afternoon time slot due to academic reasons. The move will also be beneficial for the centre’s regular swimmers, many of whom exercise in the morning and will now have access to more of the main pool.
In the afternoons, the learners’ pool will be booked for about 90 minutes, and four lanes will be used by schools.
Darren Stevens, head of culture and information at East Riding of Yorkshire Council, said: “The changes have been made following consultation with both customers and schools and will allow for the pool to be better utilised by all of our leisure centre users.”
For further information, contact Beverley Leisure Complex reception on (01482) 395231
- How To Increase Your Chances To Make A Profit In Online Casinos
- 6 Things You Should Have In Mind If You’re About To Start Your Own Business
- More Foster Parents Needed Across Yorkshire
- Boost For Local Pig Farmers Following Lobbying By Graham Stuart
- The Made In East Yorkshire Christmas Market Coming To Beverley