The Beverley Guildhall is trying something new for the summer this year. A new exhibition, called “Roll Up! Roll Up!” opens on Friday, 20 July, based around the pictures that Fred Elwell painted during his wanderings round Europe with the Sanger’s Circus.
A lively and colourful complement to these stunning paintings is presented by the children of years one and two at Swinemoor School who have produced their own circus paintings.
From 25 July to 29 August, the Guildhall will be open on Wednesdays in addition to the normal Friday openings, with circus-themed activities to keep the children busy.
There will also be a circus skills workshop on Saturday, 18 August. A full 90 minute session can be booked in the morning (10.30am-12pm) for £6, with a drop-in session in the afternoon (between 1-3.30pm) for £1 a time.
More information can be found at www.eastriding.gov.uk/museums and the morning sessions can be booked at www.eastriding.gov.uk/events
The workshop is suitable for adults, children and families but children must be accompanied by an adult.
Opening times over the summer will be 10am-4pm on both Wednesdays and Fridays.
More information is available from Fiona Jenkinson, curator, on (01482) 392783 or email email@example.com
- Active Together Uses Technology To Help Residential Homes
- Booking Now Open For The Online East Riding Festival Of Words
- Thomas The Baker Officially Lays Claim To The Country’s Best Ever Mince Pies
- Beverley Minster To Host Yarn Bombing Event In October
- Bonus Acquisition Signals Next Phase Of Allenby Commercial Trade Yard Expansion