After an excellent lunch at the Beverley Arms Hotel, members of Beverley Westwood Probus Club at their June meeting today heard an entertaining talk by Peter Gill, about the 14 or more such separate occasions, he had been fortunate enough to escape from terrifying, life-threatening incidents.
These ranged from an earthquake in Argentina, through being bombed out twice during the WW2 blitz to walking away from the Harrow Wealdstone railway disaster in 1952. Peter was thanked for his talk by the President, Les McLaughlin.
PICTURE: President (Les McLaughlin) with our speaker, member Peter Gill.
Membership of Beverley Westwood Probus Club is open to retired business or professional men. We meet at the Beverley Arms hotel for lunch on the 1st Wednesday of every month, 12.00 for 12.30 pm and for coffee every 4th Wednesday, 10.15 am.
Interested? Contact our Secretary, on 01482 888955 or any member for further information.”
- Contribute to Local History With The COVID-19 Memories Archive
- Frank Stephenson & Son Helping You Every Step Of The Way
- What You Need To Know About The Computer Equipment Used By Soldiers In The Field
- Extra 1,300 Extra Laptops And Tablets For East Riding Pupils Welcomed By MP
- More Needs To Be Done For Authority To Be Net Carbon Zero