Longcroft School and Performing Arts College held their Young Musician of the Year 2012 grand final.
Finalists performed in front of panel made up of three judges, Alan Binnington, Director of Music at St Mary’s Church Beverley, Dr Elaine King and Dr Caroline Wood of Hull University’s Music Department.
Competition was tough with thirteen pupils taking part in the grand final all competing for the converted title of Longcroft’s Young Musician of the Year.
The top prize was won by vocalist Kallam Doherty who performed Kiss The Air by Scott Allen he said;
“I am going to musical theatre school so I just went for it, this was an opportunity to perform and a great experience. I was very surprised to win, I really cannot believe it!”
“Now I have won this I will also get sing again this time at the Longcroft performing arts night in March.”
Further prizes were awarded to Eva Lawrence for best instrumental, Joanna Patmore best singer, Declan Greaves best six form performer, Peter Bolton best key stage 4 performance and Amber Warren best key stage 3 performance.
Deputy head teacher Jonathan Chapman who introduced the evening thanked all the students and the judges for taking the time to be involved in the event.
- Booking Now Open For The Online East Riding Festival Of Words
- Thomas The Baker Officially Lays Claim To The Country’s Best Ever Mince Pies
- Beverley Minster To Host Yarn Bombing Event In October
- Bonus Acquisition Signals Next Phase Of Allenby Commercial Trade Yard Expansion
- Charity Launches Free Domestic Abuse Advice Line For Businesses