“It’s not alive if it’s not dripping.”
Steve has owned his BSA since 1984, riding it all over the place and keeping it in pristine condition thanks to the efforts of the men at RM Motorcycles on Flemingate.
He told HU17.net: “In its day this was the fastest 250cc bike around.
“Unlike a lot of modern, bigger bikes, this is built to throw around corners and you can be a bit rough with it.
“I am just back from the TT, and I would love to take this to ride around the course. Maybe we can get a trailer and do it next year.”
Steve describes his bike as a “Marmite bike – you either love it or hate it”.
He pointed out the oil leaking from under the bike, and said it was a loveable trait of most most British bikes of the era.
He continued: “British bikes always drip – as we say, it’s not alive if it doesn’t drip!
“I keep it going thanks to Ray at RM Motorcycles. He always MOT’s it for me and is always there to advise me. He’s a star.”
- Hull And East Riding Students To Enjoy A Taste Of Life In The NHS
- Stage4Beverley Music Festival Tickets Are Selling Faster Than Ever
- Employers Help Shape Bishop Burton College Curriculum
- Central 42 Owner Appeals For Help After Man Leaves Owing Money
- Candidates Standing In Beverley & Holderness Revealed