Find out more about the story of Beverley’s shops and shopping with the authors of Beverley Through Time, Margaret Sumner and Patricia Deans. After an illustrated talk about the town, the two local historians invite people to see a range of books, period costumes, photographs and documents relevant to Beverley’s shopping and trade history. These will be on display in the reference library until Christmas.
The library are also looking to display any similar items of interest that local residents may have, and are encouraged to get in touch.
Both the event and display run in connection with the BBC One ‘Turn Back Time’ programme, shown on Tuesdays at 9pm, which looks into the development of shopping on the high street from 1870 to 1970.
Beverley Library, Wednesday 1st December 2010, 2.30pm. Free admission advance booking not required.
For further information please contact Elaine Dean, CIO Reference Services on 01482 392755/6 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan Parker interviews Neil Pickford in the BBC Bus live on Radio Humberside
- Appointment Of New Project Director To Lead Major Heritage Project
- Global Award For Innovative Humber Climate Change Media Series
- Dragons Award £7000 To Cherry Tree Community Centre
- Fly-Tippers Fined £800 For Offences Near Beverley And Market Weighton
- Supporting The Young And Old In Yorkshire Through Winter