Hard on the heels of a very successful open day, Beverley & East Riding Lawn Tennis Club organised their first mixed doubles tournament of the season in perfect conditions at the Seven Corners Lane courts.
Twenty four players took part in two round robin groups before the group leaders played out a final knockout phase to decide the winners. Paul Robinson partnered by Sue Fuller and alternate Dorothy Mackley took the first prize.
Tournament organiser Neil Mitchell praised the high standard of play shown by the participants and has agreed to repeat the competition in six weeks time.
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play