Beverley Town centre has a large pedestrian only shopping area and like all good market towns still has a car park in the middle. It has two weekly markets, Saturday Market and Wednesday Market. There are a good blend of shops and it has seen Mark & Spencer’s expand thier presence when they took over the building vacated by Somerfield. Boots are in the process of opening a larger store too, with work taking place to refit the unit that used to house the high street favourite, Woolworths.
Aside from the brand names there are many small specialised shops, with my personal favourite being Game Invader. It is possible to buy just about anything in Beverley Town centre from local businesses, something we should all be trying to do given the current global recession.
With lots of places to eat and drink you can spend a whole day enjoying the shops in Beverley, and if you get bored of shopping the Beverley Minster is just a few hundred yards from the town centre. There is also a large market held in the town centre each and every Saturday, with a smaller one every Wednesday.
- Residents Urged Not To Use Unlicensed Waste Collectors To Prevent Fly-Tipping
- Lifestylers Making People Smile Even With Cancelled Event
- Later Life Finance Advisor Recognised Amongst UK’s Best
- E-Sports – Is It The New Alternative To Traditional Sports?
- Beverley Puppet Festival Adapts To Health Crisis By Promising Two Months Of Puppetry Online