Beverley Town Cricket Club players and supporters sometimes have to wait well in to the season before anyone reaches the magical three-figure mark but the 2017 season got off to a real bang over the weekend when two of their popular players made big hundreds.
The 1st and 4th teams won their games but it was 2nd team player Brad Dobson who was the top run-maker when he registered his maiden ton with 24 boundaries in an unbeaten 162 at Hornsea.
Unfortunately the Hornsea 1st XI passed the Beverley total with overs to spare but this could not take away the shine from Brad’s brilliant effort.
Not to be outdone Will Fish produced his own unbeaten hundred, this time in a winning cause as the 4th XI turned in a super batting performance on Sunday passing visitors Welton & Brough 2nds 290 for 9 in style.
Will led his team home from the opener’s position with nine fours and five sixes in his 130 not out.
Finishing the game off with a flurry of boundaries Will’s maiden ton saw Town move to 292 for 4 with six balls to spare.
- Enjoy Cake At Beverley Building Society’s Jubilee Tea Party
- Top Ways To Educate Entrepreneurs On How To Start A Business In Today’s Age
- Hundreds Attend Molescroft Beverley Petanque Club Open Day
- Walk And Drink Wine For A Good Cause In Support Of Local Hospice
- Residents Efforts Acknowledged With Molescroft Millennium Award