Dariescu was born in Romania and studied as a music scholar at Pocklington School, near Beverley, before moving onto the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester. She then graduated from the Guildhall School of Music & Drama with a Masters degree.
Described as “an outstanding communicator”, Dariescu has collected prizes here and abroad; including the Guildhall Wigmore Recital Prize, the Romanian Ambassador’s Award for excellence in music and the prestigious CUBS prize from UBS Bank. She was also recently featured in the BBC Music Magazine (June edition), where she was presented as a “rising star” of the classical music world.
Martin Roscoe, Artistic Director of the Beverley Chamber Music Festival, said “We are extremely pleased to welcome Alexandra to our Festival. It is always a pleasure to introduce first-time visitors to the list of international artists we are delighted to bring to the town.
“She is definitely a young pianist to keep your eye on for the future. I hope our audience will find her performance every bit as exciting and delightful as I have many times,” continued Mr Roscoe.
The recital takes place at 1.00 pm on Friday 23rd September in St Mary’s Church, Beverley and will include works by Bach, Schumann, Liszt and Chopin.
Tickets are £6, £8 and £10 and are available from the Beverley Tourist Information Centre (01482 391672).
Please visit www.beverleychambermusicfestival.org.uk for more details.
- Shape Up For Summer – Get Active And Improve Your Health And Wellbeing
- Students Showcase Their Work As End of Year Fashion Show Hits The Catwalk
- First Puffins Unveiled As Part Of East Yorkshire Animal Sculpture Trail
- National Quality Standard For Careers Provision Awarded To Bishop Burton College
- Last Chance To Explore Beverley’s Importance To The European Art World