On Wednesday 6th July the eight members of the East Riding Senior Percussion Ensemble and their director Chris Sykes, travelled to Birmingham to participate in the National Festival of Music for Youth.
The group performed two works in the Recital Hall of Birmingham Conservatoire and were highly praised for their “exciting and full- blooded performance”.
The adjudicators acknowledged that the group played with “a great sense of style, good individual performances, great energy and a desire to push themselves technically.” To recognise the quality of their performance the group were awarded the Musicians Union Award for Outstanding Ensemble Performance.
The members of the percussion ensemble who rehearse at the Hexagon Music Centre in Beverley are: Laura Bradford, Lottie Dodd, Katie Dodsworth, Sarah Massey, Laura Prescott, Ruairi Sinkler, Matthew Taylor, Ben Wadsworth.
There is a chance to hear this award winning group on Saturday 16th July at Hull City Hall at 7.30 pm as they have been invited to take part in the East Riding Youth Orchestra’s Summer Gala Concert which will also feature young Beverley pianist Adam Davies performing the first movement of Grieg’s Piano Concerto.
Tickets are available from the City Hall Box Office Tel 01482 226655.
- Beverley Racecourse & Porsche Centre Hull Announce Ladies Day Title Partnership
- Latest Figures Show Decline In Crime Within Humberside Region
- Molescroft Parish Council Awarded Cash To Extend Pétanque Piste
- Restoration Not Demolition Say Beverley’s Civic Society
- Winter Music Festival Stage4Beverley Will Soon Be With Us