Beverley United Vs Newland Rangers Match Report

Previously unseen match photo’s and a Full match report by Manager Danny Williams > Sunday Premier League Result United  0 Newland Rangers  0

In their first game for almost a month, Beverley were slow to get going as Newland fielded a much stronger side than when the sides last met in which Beverley won 3-0.

United were without skipper Jon Ricardo so Monaghan and Evans were the centre-half pairing and Michael O’connell returned to play alongside Laud up front.

The first opportunity fell to ex-Beverley player who’s shot flew high and wide. Beverley began t come in to the game more and more as the Newland team tired. Chances fell to Michael O’connell, United’s own Danny Moore, and but a little bit of rustiness in front of goal resulted in the Newland ‘keeper comfortably collecting any efforts.

In the last fifteen minutes Beverley began looking for the opening goal with their crosses in to the box asking more questions of the Newland defence. Credit had to be given to the visitors who held on.

The second half was similar to the first with Newland coming out with all guns blazing – Moore sending another great opportunity high and wide – this time though they tired much quicker and after ten minutes Beverley looked like they were going to take advantage.

Some very lazy, and at times dangerous tackling, infuriated Williams and his players as the referee failed to deal with the guilty players. One of the resulting fouls saw hit a superb free-kick from twenty-yards and it smashed in to the post leaving Newland’s goalkeeper motionless. O’Connell and Moore both had good chances – O’Connell beat two defenders and then shot when a pass may have been a better option and Moore did the opposite when he was through on goal, playing the pass.

The last kick off the game saw winger Matty Dixon have a good opportunity, with his back to goal he swivelled and fired a shot on goal but he didn’t catch his effort quite as cleanly as he would’ve liked and the Newland goalie gratefully landed on the ball with the referee blowing his whistle straight after.

With no hopes of a league title, Beverley United have already acknowledged that they must put their full attention in to the two trophies they can still win. They are in the Munro Cup semi-final awaiting to find out who they will be up against and this Sunday.

Weather permitting, they are in the quarter-finals of the President’s Cup against Wold Rangers of Division 2. The game will be played on Costello in Anlaby with a scheduled 11am kick off. Picture Gallery: Click on the thumbnail picture below to enlarge the image to full size Picture Gallery: Click on the thumbnail picture below to enlarge the image to full size

More From

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *