East Riding Libraries have created a new section on their website to group together free library resources which may be helpful to support that homeschooling.
The new section also includes links to BBC Bitesize learning; Lego Bits and Bricks; the Encyclopedia Britannica Junior; National Geographic; and the Booktrust Hometime Cupboard.
Councillor Shaun Horton, the portfolio holder for coastal regeneration and tourism, including leisure and culture, said:
“We know that homeschooling is going to continue for many people for some time yet, and we also know it can be challenging.
“I am delighted that we have been able to put together in one place an invaluable set of links to all these varied resources, which I have no doubt will be extremely helpful for many people in the East Riding.
Parent Katy added:
“My daughter has found out some great facts for her Anglo-Saxon topic on the Junior Encyclopedia. It’s great to just let her loose to explore it and know it’s safe and factual – I didn’t realise it was available until now, but am finding it really useful.”
The support includes:
Computer Coding for Kids
Reading Well for Children
Children’s eBooks and eAudiobooks
Books for children about COVID-19
Words for Life
Countdown for Kids.
- HRH The Duke Of Edinburgh – Tribute From East Riding Of Yorkshire Council
- Libraries And Customer Service Centres To Reopen From Monday
- East Riding Leisure Centres To Reopen On Monday
- The Most Popular Law Universities in Beverley
- Banish The Burns And Release The Grease – Darren’s 5 Top Tips To Spring Clean Your Oven