Local bus company East Yorkshire have announced their Christmas bus schedules, including special Boxing Day services across the region.
The company’s buses will be running to different timetables between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, with extensive services also running on Boxing Day this year.
The full festive bus schedules are as follows:
- Wednesday 23 December – normal service.
- Christmas Eve – normal service, but with buses finishing around 8pm.
- Christmas Day – no buses.
- Boxing Day – special bus services.
- Sunday 27 December – Normal Sunday services.
- Bank Holiday Monday 28 December – Sunday services.
- Tuesday 29 December – Saturday services on most routes.
- Wednesday 30 December – Saturday services on most routes.
- New Year’s Eve – Saturday services on most routes, but with buses finishing around 8pm.
- New Year’s Day – no buses.
- Saturday 2 January – back to normal services.
East Yorkshire’s Area Director, Ben Gilligan, says that the company is there for those who are travelling over the Christmas period, but that passengers should remember to follow some simple, common-sense guidance.
“Our buses are clean, safe and running as normal,” he said. “We want to reassure people that our buses are here for them over the Christmas period, but to help keep themselves and others safe they should plan their journey before they travel, pay by contactless if they can, wash their hands before and after travelling, and wear a face covering.”
East Yorkshire is also bringing Christmas cheer to passengers with a special seasonal ticket offer. Over the festive period (19-31 December) all weekly tickets will have three extra days added, so customers will get ten days for the price of seven. Those who buy 30-day tickets on the app during this time will get an extra six days free.
“Giving people extra days of travel over Christmas is a great way to thank our regular passengers for travelling with us,” Ben Gilligan said. “It’s been a difficult year for everyone, but we hope all our customers enjoy their Christmas, and we look forward to a better 2021 when we can all start to travel as normal again.”
Full details of the company’s festive services, including the Boxing Day buses timetables, can be found at www.eastyorkshirebuses.co.uk, on the East Yorkshire Buses app, or by picking up a Festive Buses booklet from the Travel Centre in Hull Interchange from 7 December.