Seven East Riding organisations have recently been awarded funding from East Riding of Yorkshire Council as part of commuted sums from local housing developments.
The funding will go towards a range of exciting projects to provide improved play and sporting facilities to local residents within the East Riding.
East Riding Leisure Beverley, was one of those. They have been awarded £90,000 commuted sums towards the cost of constructing a full-size 3G pitch on the site.
The construction of the 3G pitch will enable East Riding Leisure Beverley to meet the undersupply of 3G pitches in Beverley identified in the council’s Draft Playing Pitch Strategy and the Local Football Facilities Plan, as well as provide a fully inclusive football offer.
Councillor Gary McMaster, the portfolio holder for Place Shaping including Operational Services, said:
“I am delighted with the range of organisations and excellent projects that we have been able to assist across the East Riding through commuted sums provided by local housing developments as a condition of their planning approval.”
“This has continued throughout lockdown, and I look forward to seeing all these exciting projects – and many more- come to fruition in the months ahead.”
- Beverley Minster To Host Yarn Bombing Event In October
- Bonus Acquisition Signals Next Phase Of Allenby Commercial Trade Yard Expansion
- Charity Launches Free Domestic Abuse Advice Line For Businesses
- East Riding Festival Of Words Goes Online For 2020 With A Varied Line-Up
- Beverley Charity Celebrates A Return To Normal Service