East Riding Libraries customers can now access Find my Past and Ancestry.com FREE from home with their library card log in.
At normal times, this has only been possible using the computers in libraries, which are currently closed.
Using these sites, customers can build a family tree with full access to online databases of births, deaths and marriages, and other features.
To proceed, customers just need their library card number and pin.
Anyone who isn’t a member can join online, and if customers have forgotten or misplaced their library cards, a new one can also be requested online.
An East Riding of Yorkshire Council spokesperson said:
“Since we launched links to Find my Past and Ancestry.com through our library catalogue last week, we’ve already had hundreds of clicks on the links.”
“It’s clear that this facility is going to prove very popular with people who are now at home and have the time to research their family history.”
Customers need to visit: https://library.eastriding.gov.uk/web/arena/ancestry
- Barratt Developments Yorkshire East Rounds Off Charitable Year With £35k Donation To SASH
- Assistant Chief Constable Warns Of Enforcement Against Those Who Breach Government Regulations
- MP Discusses How Covid-19 Has Impacted The Owners Of Mega Fun Beverley
- Skidby Mill Volunteers Need Material To Commemorate Anniversary
- 6 Telltale Signs You Need a Plumber