East Riding Libraries customers can now access Find my Past and Ancestry.com FREE from home with their library card log in.
At normal times, this has only been possible using the computers in libraries, which are currently closed.
Using these sites, customers can build a family tree with full access to online databases of births, deaths and marriages, and other features.
To proceed, customers just need their library card number and pin.
Anyone who isn’t a member can join online, and if customers have forgotten or misplaced their library cards, a new one can also be requested online.
An East Riding of Yorkshire Council spokesperson said:
“Since we launched links to Find my Past and Ancestry.com through our library catalogue last week, we’ve already had hundreds of clicks on the links.”
Customers need to visit: https://library.eastriding.gov.uk/web/arena/ancestry
- Dreamscape Live Music And Art Premiere By Loudhailer Electric Company And G E Saunt
- New Systems In Place At Local Libraries Which Re-Open Monday
- Mayor Opens Play Area At Retail Park Which Has Been Doubled In Size
- MP Welcomes Extra Cash For East Riding Council To Support Local Services
- Work Completed On New Roundabout On Beverley’s Minster Way