East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s countryside access team will be arranging an exciting half term event this February.
The event – Build a Bird Box – takes place on Tuesday, 18 February at Beverley Parks Local Nature Reserve, and participants can arrive anytime from 10am-1pm.
Rather than buying a bird box, participants can have a go at building a nest box instead (all equipment and materials provided) at a cost of £5 per box.
Learning to build a bird box will enable you to attract birds into your garden. By doing this you will help provide them with a safe place to nest and raise their young.
Birds will also help your garden flourish in a natural way. They tend to eat a wide range of pesky bugs allowing your plants to flourish.
This event is suitable for children and adults, and also for adults without children.
Booking is essential at eastridingcoastandcountryside.co.uk/whats-on
For general enquiries about the above event, contact the countryside access team on (01482) 395320.
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play