An exciting range of activities includes messy play, paint, crafts, role play, handling items and more, with a story and a ‘Tiny Challenge’ at the end of each session.
The three winter and spring sessions will have the following themes:
- Thursday, 16 January – Archaeology. This session includes a digging activity, a ‘design your own coin’ craft and lots of other exploration based on archaeology
- Thursday, 13 February – People. This session includes messy paint-based play, a portrait craft, and lots of the exploration based on people and portraiture
- Thursday, 12 March – Fossils. This session includes digging for fossils, making rubbings, and lots of other exploration based on fossils.
Lucy Cooke, under 5s learning co-ordinator at East Riding of Yorkshire Council, said;
“We are excited to hold these three sessions, which are based on really interesting themes reflecting on what the art gallery and museum offers to visitors, for winter and spring.
“They promise to be a lot of fun – but we would advise the young participants to bring a change of clothes with them, just in case!”
There is no need to book – visitors can just turn up! For more information, visit www.eastridingmuseums.co.uk
- Chat Shop Celebrates 20 Years Of Serving People On Swinemoor
- Tuck Into A Thomas’ Pasty This Veganuary In Beverley
- Tour de Yorkshire To Set Off From Historic Beverley
- Join In The Digital Arts Celebration In East Riding Libraries
- Daisy Appeal Says Thank You With A Silver Flower As Nicky Is Knocked Out By Nominations