The choir will take to the stage on Saturday 30 November at 7.00 pm at Beverley’s most iconic landmark.
Peter Hunt of the East Riding County Choir said;
“Although composed 278 years ago in 1741, this great work continues to attract large audiences and is especially popular in the run-up to Christmas.”
“Performing Messiah was the motivation behind the formation of County Choir in 1957.”
“Prior to that, a number of local choirs were brought together to perform Messiah in Beverley Minster.”
“The Choir has preserved that tradition and expanded its activities to perform a variety of other works prior to Christmas in alternate years, plus a regular concert at the beginning of May.”
Tickets for Messiah are available from the Beverley Tourist Information office or online via www.eastridingcountychoir.org.
- Beverley Minster To Host Yarn Bombing Event In October
- Bonus Acquisition Signals Next Phase Of Allenby Commercial Trade Yard Expansion
- Charity Launches Free Domestic Abuse Advice Line For Businesses
- East Riding Festival Of Words Goes Online For 2020 With A Varied Line-Up
- Beverley Charity Celebrates A Return To Normal Service