Beverley Chamber Choir under the direction of Jeffrey Makinson will perform a concert in the town.
It will feature the great choral work by Mendelssohn, Elijah that will take place at St Mary’s Church in November.
The oratorio was first performed on 26 August 1846 at Birmingham Town Hall in its English version, conducted by the composer. It was immediately acclaimed a classic of the genre.
As The Times critic wrote: ‘Never was there a more complete triumph – never a more thorough and speedy recognition of a great work of art.’
The choir will be joined by professional soloists and the organist Graham Eccles in what will be a great evening of music.
Taking place on Saturday 16 November in St Mary’s Church at 7.30PM tickets are now on sale for the event.
Tickets are priced from £5 to £18.
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play