Beverley Chamber Choir under the direction of Jeffrey Makinson will perform a concert in the town.
It will feature the great choral work by Mendelssohn, Elijah that will take place at St Mary’s Church in November.
The oratorio was first performed on 26 August 1846 at Birmingham Town Hall in its English version, conducted by the composer. It was immediately acclaimed a classic of the genre.
As The Times critic wrote: ‘Never was there a more complete triumph – never a more thorough and speedy recognition of a great work of art.’
The choir will be joined by professional soloists and the organist Graham Eccles in what will be a great evening of music.
Taking place on Saturday 16 November in St Mary’s Church at 7.30PM tickets are now on sale for the event.
Anyone wishing to attend can buy a ticket from Beverley Tourist Information in the Treasure House. You can also buy tickets online by visiting www.beverleychamberchoir.org.
Tickets are priced from £5 to £18.
- Hull And East Riding Students To Enjoy A Taste Of Life In The NHS
- Stage4Beverley Music Festival Tickets Are Selling Faster Than Ever
- Employers Help Shape Bishop Burton College Curriculum
- Central 42 Owner Appeals For Help After Man Leaves Owing Money
- Candidates Standing In Beverley & Holderness Revealed