They have been training throughout the year running various 10k races and a half marathon in preparation for the challenge.
All of them have their own reasons for taking part. Mum of three, Joanne Hastings (photo attached) says she is trying to show her children how to overcome challenges and believe in themselves.
She said: ‘I’ve not had the best few years due to personal difficulties and life is challenging juggling work and 3 kids! Running and exercise have saved me in terms of my mental health. I never thought I could progress from a 6-mile chat and run with friends to 26 miles of endurance running! Yet here I am! Believe and you will achieve is what I tell my kids.’
The team taking part in the full marathon is Joanne Hastings, Jenny Henderson, Suzy Rawling and Caroline Walker. Another team will be running the marathon as a relay. Michelle Moody, Gemma Horsley, Laura Bassett and Rebecca Meilhan will be running 8 miles or 6 miles each.
The 26.2 miles will take the runners from the Humber Bridge, through Hessle and will end in East Park.
The team would like to thank Thermal Insulation Contractors who have sponsored them £250 to pay for their running vests.
The mums are hoping to raise £2,000 to go towards building a new outdoor classroom for Beverley Minster Primary School. To sponsor them to go to; https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/schoolrunningsbeverleyminsterprimary?utm_id=2&utm_term=nVQ295eK9
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play