East Riding Libraries are encouraging local residents to take part in a competition being run right across the UK to invite people to get creative and build their ‘library of the future’ out of Lego.
The competition is run by CILIP, the library and information association, and the most innovative and inspired entry will win tickets to Legoland Windsor and £500 for their local library.
The winning Lego library will be selected by library champion and radio and TV personality Bobby Seagull (star of BBC Two series Monkman and Seagull’s Genius Guide to Britain) and will be announced during National Libraries Week 2019 (7-12 October).
Entry to the competition will be open between Monday, 23 September and Monday, 7 October.
To enter between those dates, entrants should imagine and build their Lego library of the future, take a photo of their creation, and share it on twitter. Entrants should tag @LibrariesWeek using the hashtag #LEGOLibrary and say what is innovative or unique about their creation. It might have virtual reality or gaming rooms, print-on-demand machines – it’s up to the imagination.
- Children’s Nurses Egg-stend Their Support For WISHH Charity’s Easter Appeal
- Saturday Market Could Create More Space For Pedestrians In Trial Period
- Work Set To Start On Next Phase Of Beverley Housing Masterplan
- DIY Car Repair: When To Do It & What You Need
- 6 Tips To Take Your Business To The Next Level