A rare opportunity to join the maintenance team looking after the fabric of the building for Beverley Minster Old Fund has arisen – a dream job for a handy craftsperson, with a head for heights and a love of historical buildings.
A member of the team is relocating to Scotland, making a full-time opening for the first time in nearly fifteen years.
Simon Delaney from Delaney Marling Partnership Limited is the Building Surveyor at The Minster, managing the maintenance team. He says:
“This is a fantastic opportunity for a person who enjoys working in a small team across a range of trades including plumbing, glazing, repairing roofs and assisting the stonemasons. As well as being willing to learn and take on a variety of other tasks which form a privileged role, to leave a personal stamp on preserving this amazing medieval building.”
“The successful candidate will be a good team player and be willing to deliver the service of the highest standard.”
The team at Beverley Minster OId Fund has been busy on social media, showing viewers what goes on behind the scenes.
Check them out on Facebook @BevMinsterOldFund and on twitter @bevminster2.
For a detailed Job Description and how to apply, please visit www.beverleyminster.org.uk.
- Contribute to Local History With The COVID-19 Memories Archive
- Frank Stephenson & Son Helping You Every Step Of The Way
- What You Need To Know About The Computer Equipment Used By Soldiers In The Field
- Extra 1,300 Extra Laptops And Tablets For East Riding Pupils Welcomed By MP
- More Needs To Be Done For Authority To Be Net Carbon Zero