East Yorkshire community transport charity, Beverley Community Lift (BCL), received a Yorkshire Day treat with a donation of £500 towards minibus activities in the county.
The donation was made by Barchester’s Charitable Foundation, part of Barchester Healthcare, which operates care homes across the country.
Money that was donated will now be used to help fund the operating costs for Beverley Community Lift’s services in Holme- upon-Spalding-Moor.
The charity takes its clients, who are elderly or have disabilities and find it difficult to use public transport, on days out and shopping trips every fortnight.
BCL Manager, Fiona Wales, said;
“We’re really grateful for this support to help our service in Holme-upon-Spalding-Moor, which is provided by volunteers. Rural transport is so crucial for many people and this donation helps to keep our prices affordable for the residents who rely on us.”
The cheque was presented to Fiona by Kelly Scott, Activities Co-ordinator, and Sharon Bowtell, Deputy Manager, of Barchester’s Lindum House in Beverley.
- Disappointing Performance From Beavers Sees Them Beaten By Goole
- Lifesaving Gift Is On The Christmas List Of 36 People In East Yorkshire
- East Riding Youth Offending Service In The Running For National Award
- SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY: A Day To Back Our Independent Traders
- Graham Stuart Is ‘Mutts’ About Small Business Saturday