Martin Cleveland also adds that he feels more event like this should be held in Beverley given its popularity.
Mr Cleveland spoke glowingly about the Mid Summer Gathering organised by East Yorkshire Thoroughbred Car Club. He himself brought a car to display, he certainly had a great evening, commenting on the night he said;
“I have brought my old 1984 Porsche 911 to Beverley to part of the show. It is an annual pilgrimage. I have been with other cars in the past including a Mercedes 230SL and a TR3A in the past.
“With my job, I only drive slowly, so it’s nice to get behind the wheel and do the speed limit sometimes.”
Martin has had the Porsche since 2010. It is not a car he has restored he says the only thing he has changed the tyres on it and replaced some seals.
Car Show Success Should Be Built Upon And Held More Often
Speaking about the event he said;
“This event is fantastic, it is such a showcase for all these beautiful cars. It brings business to the cafes, bars and fish and chip shop.”
“It is just a shame it is just once a year. They should look at doing two a year or maybe even have a bike night in Beverley.”
“I think if they had a motorcycle night the town would be packed. They do one in Barton and it is very well attended.”
On the night he was impressed with turn out while adding the event was great for Beverley.
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play